Aims and objectives
Rehap aims to strengthen the European bio-economy industry by creating novel materials from agricultural and forestry waste, and considering how they can be used commercially in the green building sector.
- Develop methods to convert natural wastes into sustainable polyurethanes. These can be used to develop insulation foams and adhesives, as well as fire retardant products.
- Develop new high-performance bio-resins to produce eco-friendly wooden panels.
- Produce eco-friendly sustainable cement with improved properties.
- Design and assemble an environmentally sustainable and fire resistant construction solution.
- Demonstrate the development of eco-friendly products and their sustainability and business potential compared to existing solutions.
Methodology – how it will deliver
Meeting EC targets – Creating sustainable patterns of consumption and production
• Decreased use of fossil resources and energy in the process industry
• Creation of new jobs in the bio-based products sector
• Improved innovation capacity and the integration of new knowledge at EU level
• Improved industrial competitiveness